Sunday 31 January 2016

Still life with bottles

Wow! I just completed my first real painting on canvas, something that I think of as PROPER ART. Not that the mixed media bits I've done before haven't been art, but it feels different. I guess it's more traditional that's all. It definitely feels like an achievement for someone who never draws or paints 'things'. Any images in my work are usually stamped, stencilled, cut out from papers, or photos.


This was based on Teresa MacFayden's class on Wanderlust (see my side bar to find out more). I wasn't expecting to enjoy this one that much, but it was actually great fun and forced me more out of my comfort zone, which strangely felt quite comfortable.
I'm even quite pleased with my clear bottle - not bad for a first attempt I think!

Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx