Sunday 24 January 2016

Handmade Journal

Hi folks,

I have finally finished my concertina journal based on Kate Cranes class on Wanderlust.



I chose to journal song lyrics that mean a lot to me  - 'dream catch me' by Newton Faulkner.

"There's a place I go when I'm alone,
Do anything I want,
Be anyone I wanna be,
But it is us I see"

I might be alone in the craft room, doing what I love, but my husband and son are always there near the front of my mind and I feel so lucky to have them.


There is still plenty of space in the journal for me to add some family photos or more detail later.

I loved doing something a bit different to normal, but waiting for the paint to dry on each layer got a wee bit frustrating. I just couldn't wait to put it all together!
I have made a few mistakes with this one, but I'd definitely do another one using this technique.

Thanks for visiting,

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx