Tuesday 29 November 2011

Mirror Number 3

I'm not managing to find much time for craft at the moment, and when I do find a spare moment it has to be used for christmas stuff.
I did this mirror as a christmas present:


The mirror frame was coloured with aged mahogany distress inks, then, when it was fully dry, I stamped and embossed the Tim Holtz Papillon background stamp. This acted as a resist for white paint (PaperArtsy Fresco Finish). The colour of the ink and the paint blended to give a lovely pinky colour (the first picture shows the colour most accurately). 


I cut the flowers out of grungepaper with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and coloured them with the same ink and paint as the frame (actually I used a bit of crackle glaze between the ink and the paint to give it a bit more of a rustic look).

A bit of lace and a few other little bits of embellishment and it was done.  


Sarah
xx  

1 comment:

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx