I embossed some cardstock with embossing folders from the Tim Holtz damask and regal flourishes set. I cut into squares and glued to the mirror in a chequerboard pattern.
I covered the whole frame with a thin layer of tissue glued down with a watered down mix of matt multi-medium, then painted it with Paperartsy fresco finish paint in London Night.
Once that was dry, I dabbed white paint over the raised areas and edges. Finally, I stamped a few words in white paint.
My husband loves the last mirror I did, but isn't very keen on this one at all. Hopefully it's just a matter of taste - probably a bit too girly :0). I like it, but I'll be interested in what everyone else thinks.