Tuesday 24 April 2012

Long time, no blogging!


Wow, I really haven't blogged in ages - what on earth happened to blogger?!  I do have some excuses for my absence though.

Firstly, we've been buying and moving into our new house. There was delay after delay and we eventually just managed to complete the purchase a week before they put expensive stamp duty back on for first time buyers. At one point we thought we were going to get the keys before the  end of february, so we started packing everything up, including all my craft supplies. It then got delayed until the middle of march! I couldn't face unpacking only to have to repack in a few weeks so I had a bit of an enforced holiday from inkyness.

Once we moved, it took a little while to set up our study/craftroom the way we wanted it, but now, for the first time, I have a dedicated workdesk thats all mine (on the left in the picture below)! The shelving under the window is supposed to be neutral territory between my desk and hubbies but his stuff is spreading already!


My other excuse for not blogging is that I have been somewhat distracted by an exciting piece of news - hubby and I are expecting our first baby in September! We found out in january and apart from morning sickness it was a wonderful start to the year.


Anyway, hopefully things are settling back into routine so I can now get back to doing something creative. Having said that, the garden needs a lot of work so I keep getting drawn to garden idea websites (and baby stuff sites!) so I may need to give myself a kick up the bum to get off the computer.

Garden desolation!

I'll make a promise to be back with something to show you very soon :-)

Sarah
xx

1 comment:

  1. Excuses....? A slight understatement - moving house and that precious bundle! That's BIG NEWS. HUGE Congratulations!!!!! I'm still here - 3 days overdue and still can't get my head around any of it - AT ALL. But also feeling just fine, still swimming everyday and very energetic. (heartburn and dodgy bladder are my downfalls but not a lot really...) All I can say is that the time will WHIZZ by so get all the jobs and stuff done asap... so you can do a bit of pottering, stress-free house tweaking and enjoy a little 'just you two' time near the end. And don't watch too much of C4's "One born every minute"... Take care, Thanks for calling by… Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx