Wednesday 18 January 2012


Since its been a lot cooler this week there's a strong temptation to veg under a blanket on the sofa, so I've not done much crafting. I've been procrastinating starting on my printers tray - it needs a bit of a clean which would mean spending time in the kitchen where there's no radiator.
The good news is, if our house purchase goes through, we'll have a nice open plan kitchen diner and I won't have to put up with a cold dingy kitchen anymore. We're feeling a bit more hopeful about it working out although it's definitely not certain yet. Basically, the current owners took down the supporting wall between the kitchen and dining room and put in replacements supporting joists without getting building regulation approval. It's probably fine but, there's a risk that the beams aren't sufficient and the house could actually be structurally unsafe. Luckily they have agreed to get it checked and get the retrospective approval so we just have to keep our fingers tightly crossed that it turns out to be OK. 

So anyway, I just have a quick tag to show you today. I feel a bit like it needs something else, but I'm not sure what, so i'll leave it as it is for now. It might have worked better on smoother card too.
 Its been a while since I've done a tag or entered any challenges so I'm killing two birds with one stone here.



Challenges I'm entering this in are:
The Stampman - 'use red'
Simon Says Stamp and Show - 'anything but a card'

Right, next job - make an effort to start commenting again!

Sarah
xx


6 comments:

  1. A beauty! Love the "feel" to it and those colours are fabulous! Love your bits and bobs and details!

    Wishes
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your block stamped background! Very nice colors! I also love the collage of stamps you used on your tag. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Sarah, I love the grid effect and all the lovely texture, is it stamped on canvas? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's just textured card, but it does have quite a nice canvasy effect now you mention it

      Delete
  4. Love this tag with so much detail on it, I keep going back to have another look. Beautiful colours and design. Thanks so much for linking this to The Stamp Man 'Red' challenge.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. tooooo funnny....the first thing I thought when I saw your creations was....I love the texture!!! JUST LOVE IT!!

    Thanks bunches for playin' along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx