Wednesday 26 June 2013

Finally something to post...

Hi Everyone,

Can't believe how long its been since I last blogged! In my defence I have been very busy looking after my little boy who is now 9 months old and a complete monkey. Here he is sitting in the laundry basket.


I have managed to get a little bit of crafty time recently and I acquired a few new bits and bobs for my birthday last month... including a sewing machine, dylusions ink sprays (I know I'm late to the party with these), stencils and some Paperartsy grunge paste. 

So I'm very out of practice, but I managed to make this card to try out a few new techniques. I need to refine my technique in places, but overall I like the look of it.



I used distress inks over a fern stencil on linen fabric, and a damask stencil on top. stitched the fabric to card and added a bit of extra stitching. Finally I added grunge paste birds through another stencil. As I said, there's some aspects of it that I need to improve on, but the ideas and style of it I love.

I've also had a go at making a simple tote bag out of linen, which worked suprisingly well for a sewing machine novice. I'm intending to decorate it with stencils/ink/paint so will be back to show you that when I manage to find the time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx