Wednesday 25 May 2011

Really surreal!

I guess the title of my post today has two meanings; the first is to do with the photo below, and the second is to do with how surprised I am at how positive the response to my work has been since I started blogging a couple of months ago. Everyone is so nice - I love reading your comments :0)

This week I've got a few new followers (yay! - thank you so much!), got selected as this weeks Home Page Artist on Gingersnap Creations (ok, so I think thats randomly selected, but still exciting!!) and was picked to be in the top 3 for the Simon Says Stamp and Show old wives tales challenge (so pleased, especially among so many other fantastic entries!!!).

Anyway, enough of that as I think I might be using a few too many exclamation marks (a sure sign of a deranged mind according to Terry Pratchett: 'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' Maskerade).

The original point of my post was this fantastic surreal photo I came across on twistedsifter.com. It was taken in 1948 - a collaboration between Salvador Dali and an American photographer called Phillipe Halsman. I'm a fan of Dali generally, but what I love about this photo is that they actually set this up to photograph - no photoshop in those days! Have to say I'm slightly concerned about the flying cats though, and rather dangerous I'd have thought :0)

Dali Atomicus
Anyway, apologies for the lack of craft in this post. Been busy getting organised as I'm going away for a few days. Hopefully will get some crafty time in next week.

Sarah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx