Monday 25 April 2011

Gothic birdies!

Yet another gorgeous sunny day (you'd never believe it was a bank holiday weekend!), so, just for a bit of contrast, I decided to make a dark, moody, gothic tag.

I'd like to enter it into the Dragons Dream Tag It On challenge this week. The theme is birds (love this theme!) and it just so happened that I rediscovered some lovely bird rub-ons in my craft drawers yesterday. I hope this is within the rules as the bird itself isn't a stamped image, just the background details!


I created the background with stormy sky and dusty concord distress inks, stamped the frame and script stamps (from Tim Holtz) in embossing ink and heat embossed with clear powder, then wiped over with black soot distress ink. I'm really pleased with how this worked out. I then added the bird rub-on (which I think was from the periphery range by Basic Grey), a bit of lace and some dangly beads.

On another bird related note, I just have to post this gorgeous picture my husband created this morning! He started off with a simple photo of a crow in a tree and added colour and texture layers. I think it's fantastic and he likes it so much he's ordered a print of it to hang on our wall. It's not his usual style, but it's exactly the sort of picture I love.


Hope everyone's having a lovely easter!

xx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the dark, dusty concord color. Wow! I must have some. This is so effective and beautiful. And the piece your dh made is also beautiful and would make a wonderful digital brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, I love that lace it's very Goth! Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing tag all dark and moody works really well. Your Husbands photograph is very atmospheric will look stunning blown up on the wall.

    Thank you for joining us at Dragon's Dream TIO this week. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, great background and love the bird rub on. You hubby's photo is super.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag, love the dark look. The photo looks fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful, but I love your goth tag! Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous and of course it qualifies as it has real stamping on it!!! Thanks for dreaming with us this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag! And, your husband's altered photo is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx