Sunday 20 March 2011

Weekly wishlist: Lets get anatomical!

In my day job I'm a psychologist working on the neuroscience of visual perception. I guess it's no surprise then that I find myself fascinated by images of eyes and brains and anything psychological, especially old textbook illustrations and diagrams which can be incredibly beautiful.  So... I thought I'd share a few cool crafty bits I've found on this theme.

First up on my wishlist is the oddities stamp set from Tim Holtz (and, while not strictly eye or brain related, the fab skeleton in the Haunted Mansion set must get a mention)

Etsy looks like it's a fantastic source for all sorts of anatomy related crafty ephemera:
Vision stamp from stampers anonymous - I love this one!
brain stamp
Blossom stamps has a few anatomical stamps including eyes and brains

Searching for phrenology also came up with some fab stuff, especially this amazing collage sheet

I could spend a fortune on digital collage sheets. There are so many wonderful vintage images available. Including these ones below from the magicpug and orangeclipart shops:


Thats enough for now. Remember your brain is beautiful! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx