Monday 28 March 2011

Beautiful butterflies

I've set myself the challenge of entering some challenges, so on Sunday afternoon I sat down with the aim of making something to enter into the Tim Holtz challenge on the Stamp Man challenge blog, and also the copper, ginger or rust challenge on the Gingersnap creations blog. I was planning to use the gorgeous new Crowded Attic papers from Tim Holtz which the postie delivered on Friday from Oyster Stamps - the butterfly and moth page is stunning.

But... I couldn't decide what to do with them and without a clear idea I just couldn't bring myself to start cutting.
Instead I found a little set of vintage images I'd forgotten I had and started playing around.

So, a few distress inks and Tim Holtz stamps later I came up with this tag. To be honest it's a bit more pretty and girly than I usually like, but I actually like it more than I expected to. It  might make a nice mothers day card for my mum.



I don't think I'll enter it in a challenge, but it has given me an idea of what to do with the Crowded Attic papers :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx