Tuesday 22 March 2011

Simple pleasures

"I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex",  Oscar Wilde.

I just wanted to share a little frame thingie I made at the weekend. The cardboard frame was something I bought on impulse ages ago and never got round to doing anything with. That is until a fantastic article on altered books in this months Craft Stamper magazine inspired me. They created a frame from an old book covered with tissue paper stamped with script to give a really beautiful shabby chic effect.

Here I used some decorative tissue paper  (packaging from an online clothing purchase!) to cover the frame. The embellishments and central image are from the gorgeous Graphic 45 steampunk debutante range of papers. I finished it off with an 'Adore' stamp and wrote the Oscar Wilde quote above on the back - very fitting I think.


I'm quite pleased with the way its turned out, although I did make a bit of a mess of the stamping - enthusiasm winning over care and attention! Now I've got a little box frame that I think would work very well done in a similar way. Just got to find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx