Thursday 15 March 2018

Carving out a niche

I have been doing various types of art and craft for over 10 years now, starting with card making and rubber stamping before moving on to mixed media art. However, I'm not sure I'm any closer to finding my niche, the technique or style that is really me and where I have something special to add. Maybe it does't matter as long as I'm enjoying it, and its always good to try new things, right? Still I can help feeling like I'm a little lost sometimes.

My latest techniqe is lino cutting. I last tried this as a school kid doing GCSE graphic design (20 years ago!!), so I've been quite pleased how well my first few attempts have gone.


I found carving a soothing process, at least once the fiddly bits were done.

Here are a couple of mothers day cards I made using the larger hare design. The background was a done with a gel plate print (acrylics and stencils).





I'm still working on how to get nice clear prints, but that will come with practice I'm sure.

Bye for now,

Sarah xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx