Sunday 18 October 2015

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

My little boy recently turned 3 (where on earth did the time go!). He's a very sweet little lad (most of the time) and loves singing. One of his favourites is twinkle twinkle little star, and he sings it so sweetly that I well up every time. He's my little star. 

So today, I want to share a piece of home decor I made with this in mind. I have wanted to do something with teabags for a long time, and it finally got pushed to the top of my mental ideas list by an article by Jaine Drake in this months Craft Stamper magazine. My piece is a very different style but the patchwork effect was definitely inspired by that project.

I have to admit, it's a bit, hmm, should I say 'rustic' and I'll apologise in advance for the poor picture quality.


It's made of teabags stitched together and then stitched onto some brown packing paper. The packing paper had white and gold paint applied randomly using my Gelli plate (using up a failed experiment). Some of the teabags were stamped or stencilled. The stars were stenciled in Prima copper crackle texture paste through a Prima stencil and outlined with watercolour pencils. I stamped the words and stitched those on too. 



I'd like to enter this in the Craft Barn weekly challenge on the theme of light, and also into Craft Stampers 'take a technique' challenge

Finally here's a quick pic of my lovely little muse.


Thanks for looking! X

5 comments:

  1. lovely piece, love the vintage feel of the teabags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this idea!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous project. I'm going to start saving teabags and attempt to make a hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome project!

    Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project ..... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx