Sunday 26 July 2015

Oriental Adventure

Hi All,

I have a canvas to show you today. Its a small (~A5) one that I've had hanging around for ages and has already undergone several incarnations. 
This time I've finally got something I like: A grungy, aged, oriental inspired design.


First I gessoed over the previous project, then gave it a bit of colour with tea dye and walnut stain distress ink. 
Next I took some packaging paper, crumpled it and smooshed it through the same distress inks watered down on the craft mat. I love doing this, it creates really lovely worn looking paper. I also splattered on some watered down DecoArt quinacridone gold acrylic paint. I glued torn strips to my canvas with gel medium.
I added an oriental bird image and some stamping with some Paperartsy stamps from a Hot Picks backgrounds set.
A thick layer of DecoArt one step crackle, and some DecoArt antiquing creams in black and red oxide, and it was finished.




I'd like to enter this into the Craft Stamper Take it Make it 'take a stamp' challenge. The stamping may not be the most obvious here, but It was very definitely necessary for the oriental feel and texture in this piece.

Thanks for reading,

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx