Sunday 1 April 2018

A leafy card

Hi all,

In my last post I talked about gelli prints, and how some of the most appealing prints are the ones from cleaning the plate. The same goes for the paper I use to clean off my brayer during a gelli printing session - lots of lovely layers of colour and bits of pattern where I cleaned paint off stencils too.

Yesterday, I needed to make a birthday card for my father-in-law. While searching for inspiration I found one of these clean up sheets and it was just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing.


I picked a few coordinating colours of Paperartsy infusions and enlisted my son to help. We sprinkled them onto scraps of dictionary pages and sprayed with water. Once they were dry we used a leaf die to cut some lovely leaf shapes.



I decided to keep things simple with a bit of stitching and a little outlining I  black to make define the leaves a bit more.

This was a great way to use up a clean up sheet and some scraps from previous work, and good fun as well!

Sarah
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx