Sunday 26 June 2011

Playing with metal

Hope you're all having a nice sunday.  It's gorgeous hot, sunny, weather today here which is great but I'll have to keep this post fairly short as I think I'm melting with a hot laptop on my knee.

I've wanted to have a go at something using metal and alcohol inks so the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week ('show some metal') was the perfect opportunity.


I started off cutting 4 squares of copper metal and embossing them with some Tim Holtz embossing folders. I coloured them with some alcohol inks - 2 with a single colour of ink and the other 2 with a mixture of the two colours, rubbing the colour off the raised parts of the embossed design. I mounted the four metal squares onto background paper and added an ideology book plate with the stamped word 'smile' (a paperartsy stamp).


I made this the right size to fit into one of these 3 inch box frames, but I haven't got one handy at the moment so it'll have to be on hold until I can get one. I'm thinking of painting it dark brown and distressing with gold / copper colours.


I'm also going to enter this in the Sunday Stampers this week which has the theme of words.

Sarah
xx

7 comments:

  1. Great textures & colour combo, this piece certainly made me smile:)

    Gillian

    http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I love this ! Great work fab embossing and gorgeous colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous metal piece, love the colors! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And it sure made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is lovely! That metal is looking lush and the word.. it did ;O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a wonderful piece, love the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. It's fantastic to get your comments and feedback xx